I’ve been on a mission for flawless skin since my teens. My acne was never extreme enough to seek alternative methods from a dermatologist, but I’ve struggled with breakouts which have followed into my adult years. There have been many repeated attempts through trial and error and let’s be honest – skincare products are not cheap! Yes, there were products that I’ve found in the past that I thought were amazing at first but over time were unable to deliver the dewy porcelain complexion that I longed for. Many of you may be able to relate in the sense that it is too time consuming to paint on layers of foundation and concealer daily. Walking out of the house makeup-free and feeling confident is what it’s all about! Fortunately, this goal is finally becoming a reality.
The secret – finding an amazing esthetician. Most of my results can be attributed to my esthetician Leona Bella Skincare. Leona is a clinical esthetician and makeup artist who has worked in the beauty industry for over 15 years. What I love most about her approach is that she is results-oriented. When I made my first appointment with her, she asked that I bring in all my skincare products that I am currently using so that she could properly assess whether it was appropriate for my skin type. She believes in using natural ingredients opposed to the harsh ingredients found in many of the products on store shelves but she is far from being a pushy salesperson; she truly enjoys educating others on options that will deliver the best possible results.
Before & After (3 months)
After only 3 visits (once a month), I can already visibly see a difference in the texture and tone of my skin and we’re not done yet!!! My one regret is not going to her sooner! It’s a great sign when you can go to an esthetician and not have to pick a specific facial off a menu (especially being a newbie to facials, like me). Each facial Leona gives is tailored to your skin’s unique needs. She’s the best! It is such a pleasant experience when someone is knowledgeable, approachable, and follows up with you after your treatment to ensure that everything is fine.
So, for all my Los Angeles ladies (and men) looking to achieve healthy clear skin, you should consider going to Leona Bella Skincare. Her space is absolutely beautiful and is located in West Hollywood, walking distance from The Grove.
Leona’s sunblock, Bella Block, is hands down the best I have ever used. It is lightweight, non-greasy and comprised of safe and natural ingredients – also, you can say goodbye to the thick white residue and stereotypical sunscreen smell. Whether you’re in LA or not, you can try Bella Block as it’s available for purchase on her website and she ships anywhere in the US.
Beautiful skin doesn’t end with facials though, the at-home skincare regimen is equally important. In a previous post, I reviewed my skincare routine and have since added Sanitas RejuvenA cream and the Sanitas Hydrating Brightening serum.I am still using most of the same products but wanted to share how they are working for my skin.
- Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C Serum– This serum makes my skin smoother and brighter. This is my favorite serum but the most expensive among the Algenist line; the Power serum is a good second option and less pricey.
- Complete Eye Renewal Balm – For the longest time I was having issues with my eyelids always being dry and flaky (especially when eyeshadow was applied). This eye balm has worked wonders to hydrate my lids. Despite the high price, the jar has lasted me about 6 months and was well worth it (no more scaly lids!). I have also noticed a slight improvement in fine lines.
- Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer – I LOVE this moisturizer! Once again, the price is not something to cheer about, but the product has helped moisturize without feeling greasy or breaking out my skin. Just remember, a little goes a long way.
Dr. Dennis Gross
- The only product I am currently using from this line (and approved by my esthetician) is the 2-minute extra-strength daily peel wipes. The most apparent and immediate results have been a more even complexion and smoother skin. The extra strength works great for me but they offer a lower strength for sensitive skin as well.
- RejuvenA –I apply RejuvenA 3-4 times a week at night. I first apply a thin layer and then wait 5 minutes before applying my serum and moisturizer. I purchased this product at my esthetician’s studio but it can also be purchased online. So far, I love this product and I haven’t had too much peeling where it would become a daily nuisance.
- Hydrating Brightening Solution – I just started incorporating this toner into my regimen. This will help lighten my hyperpigmentation and I am excited to start seeing the results.
Most importantly, always remember to wear sunscreen (even if you are driving in the car most of the day).
I’d love to hear from all of you! How have your visits with an esthetician been or what is preventing you from going to one? What skincare line have you had the best results with?
Also, make sure to follow @leonabellaskin on Instagram for amazing before & afters, everyday beauty tips and to book an appointment for yourself.